Friday, December 21, 2007

coveting this kadomatsu

I'm at work so I really shouldn't be blogging, but I came across the photo of this kadomatsu, a typical Japanese New Year's decoration, while doing some legitimate work-related research (drafting the invite to our staff bonnenkai/New Year's party) and I just adore it! We don't have an xmas tree so why not a kadomatsu? However, apparently one this size would cost at least a few hundred bucks, but I can dream, can't I?

And yes, as it seems, I am finally getting a bit more in the holiday spirit now that Christmas is only a few days away. I took our little turkey out of the freezer last night (we'll be eating him on the 24th, à la espagnol/Québécois with only Alain's cousin who arrives Sunday from Spain as a guest, in contrast to la foule we had last year) and I even plan on baking some gingerbread this weekend.

I will also take this opp to wish you, my tomodachis, a very Merii Kurisumasu and all the best in the Year of the Rat.

(Eeeee, I just got a message that they're selling eggnog in the staff lounge. I guess my stomach bug isn't entirely gone, just the thought... ugghh).

Comments:

this kadomatsu looks awesome, but it looks like you could easily make your own with stuff from the florist. well i dunno how expensive florist stuff is over there though.
i'll be at work next week after christmas and boxing day, but i'll also take this opportunity to with you both un super cool noel!!! *hugs*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?