Friday, September 04, 2009

friday's bump

Another quake this morning, but different in that it was a quick, strongish jolt that didn't leave things, like my long-legged plant table next to the desk, swaying afterwards. It also confirmed that G now officially knows the drill: I dashed out of the den towards the front door as she was dashing out of the diningroom in the same direction. Smart mutt!

Aside from that, life marches on, though for a change, I won't talk about work! Last weekend we stocked the mutt away at Dogs Inc. (so she could have some quality "pack time") and went hiking in the mountains of Ome/Oku-tama, which are still in the Tokyo metropolitan area but you'd never know it. The "Rock Garden", a narrow valley filled with streams strewn with mossy rocks, was particularly beautiful. Unfortunately we never caught a glimpse of the famed flying squirrels that supposedly live around there. I'll post photos soon. (>Now posted.)

It was certainly nice to be exerting physical energy out in the fresh air, though I was frustrated by a side-effect of the prophylactic migraine meds I've been taking. Beta-blockers are tough on the lungs and I was wheezing like a geezer on the steeps. Five weeks in and it still remains to be seen if they'll be worth it (I've been averaging a migraine a week, instead of two.)

Anyway, back in town this week, the hot weather seems to have finally ended. It's nice to wear long sleeves again occasionally, after months of dressing as lightly as possible and still being constantly slicked in sweat. Maybe I'll even make a soup this weekend.

Also want to visit Tokyo Hacker Space and see if I've finally found a way to get my food dehydrator and solar oven built!

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?