Thursday, September 07, 2006

a slight tremble

Just felt a little tremble as I sat here at the desk, about to look up a job lead, given to me by a potential new friend*. It was slight but I got up anyway, muttering, "What again?" and propped the front door open with my shoe. I was calmer this time, perhaps due to experience or maybe because it wasn't as strong, so I stood near rather than diving under the kitchen table, waiting to see what would happen next.

Despite my newfound bravado, I was thankful that nothing did. I checked the web and it was only 2 on the Japanese intensity scale here in Tokyo, a 3 at its epicentre in Chiba Prefecture, an area around the other side of Tokyo Bay a couple of hours from here by car I think. Pretty soon I'll be an old hand at this earthquake thing.

*(I'll post about our friend-making experiences soon).

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?