Wednesday, July 07, 2010

window on my new world

Standing in front of the window, open onto this narrow street of low sun bleached houses, I work on the laptop perched on a waist-high dresser. There is no desk in my padre-in-laws' apartment and the kitchen and living rooms are their noisy domains, so this morning I have decided to practice yoga poses as I edit and type here in our bedroom. Not sure if this will become a permanent routine. Our new temporary life here allows me creative freedom and the license to decide that later.

Grace lies on a makeshift bed on a rug by our bed, looking up only when a dog barks down the block. Birds chirp, buses and motorcycles pass by, rough Spanish ladies' voices shout out. It's 10:30 a.m. and the sun's heat begins to build. Concentration will be a challenge for me in San Juan de Alicante.

Comments:

You will find your own routine! Wish you all the best. I have to reinstall skype on my laptop. I will email you in the meantime and continue reading you here or at the new blog.
*HUGS*
HB
 
H, my dear. Sorry to hear about the break-in! Frack! Thanks for stopping by. Will try to launch nueva blog soon. (yes, will be dropping spanish randomly into all from here on in, hopes you don't mind!)
 
Nice blog. It inspires me a lot. Thanks for publishing such useful information. For more information visit buy spice online
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?